The official job advertisement has been sent to various newletters and digests and you can find it for example here or here. In addition to that information let me give some more information about the math department here. Basically, I copied the following information from this previous advertisement:
The math department here is a medium sized department. It covers quite broad range of mathematics:
- Numerical Linear Algebra (Fassbender, Bollhöfer)
- PDEs (Sonar, Hempel)
- Modelling (Langemann)
- Stochastics (Kreiss, Lindner, Leucht)
- Applied Analysis/Mathematical Physics (Bach, myself)
- Algebra and Discrete Mathematics (Eick, Löwen, Opolka)
and, of course, Optimization (Zimmermann, tba). In most cases I find some expert around for all my questions that are a bit outside my field. All groups are active and working together smoothly. The department is located in the Carl-Friedrich Gauss Faculty which is also the home of the departments for Computer Science, Business Administration and Social Sciences. At the least in Computer Science and Business Administration there are some mathematically oriented groups, e.g.
- the Algorithms Group by Sandor Fekete (a genuine optimizer)
- the Institute for Theoretical Computer Science by Jiri Adamek
- the Institute for Scientific Computing by Hermann Matthies (a genuine applied mathematician)
- the group Business Information Systems by Dirk Mattfeld (doing partly operations research)
and there are several groups with some mathematical background and interesting fields of applications (computer graphics, robotics,…). Moreover, the TU has a lot of engineering institutes with strong background in mathematics and cool applications.
In addition to a lively and interesting research environment, the university treats its staff well (as far as I can see) and administrative burden or failures are not harming too much (in fact less then at other places, I’ve heard)!
Full disclosure: I am the head of the hiring committee this time. All questions you may have about the position can be sent to me.
The deadline for application is 30.04.2014. The deadline is sharp and only electronic applications (addressed to email@example.com) will be considered. Please send a single pdf-file and make sure that all text in the document is searchable.