I have an open position for a Scientific Assistant/PhD student available. The salary is according to TV-L EG 13. (Don’t know what that means? Have a look here.). The position starts at 01.09.2013 (earlier start is possible) and is initially limited to two years; further extension is possible and for a PhD student, at least three years are planned.
- have a degree (Masters or Diploma) in mathematics above average,
- have very good knowledge in numerical mathematics and functional analysis,
- have good knowledge in scientific computing or optimization,
- know German well and
- have strong interest in applied mathematics. Also, bring a high commitment for scientific research.
The responsibilities include
- participation in teaching and
- independent but supervised research in field of applied mathematics (especially mathematical imaging and inverse problems).
Please send applications including CV, copies of certificates and letters of recommendation (if any) in electronic form directly to me. Deadline is the 30.06.2013.
If you would like to post the job advertisement at you bulletin board, here’s the pdf file.